Monday, March 16, 2015
Frst Look- PotionDust
My post today is a look into the indie bath & body company Potion Dust. Potion Dust is a newer company, which began late last year. The owner is a lovely woman named Jennifer and her products are top notch as is her customer service! This is my first actual order from Potion Dust besides her Valentines box which i ordered back in January and I am impressed. Potion Dust carries many products including shampoo bars, whipped soaps, lip balms, bath goodies, etc. She has a quick turn-around time in my opinion as well and communicates very well with customers. Her store is generally always open to shop and she seems to release new scents often which means more options for us, YAY!
The order i'm going over with everyone Today is mostly items from her Spring collection, with a few of her core scented items thrown in. My order was shipped incredibly quick, it shipped the same day I ordered and was in my hands about three days later. I gave myself some time with the products to really get a feel and honest opinion on everything, with that being said let's dig in!
My order consists of 5 different products in 9 different scents:
-Bunnie Cakes-Sparkling lemon and lime citrus effervescence blends with buttery pound cake, vanilla, almond and warm sugar.
-Giggle Beans-Sweet and fruity jellybeans with a little giggle.
-Orange Pop-Fresh oranges in a mix of some bubbly fizz.
-Peep Poo-Fresh creamy marshmallows fresh outta the chick.
-Yummy-Fresh picked strawberries, cherries, peaches, lemons, raspberries and tangerine laid down a background of soft woods
-Whipped-A dollop of cream whipped up into a frothy goodness.
-Gimme Candy-Ultimate, sweet spun-sugar delight! It smells like it will melt in your mouth and is a delicious treat for the senses which brings back childhood memories of a pink or blue cloud of decadent spun sugar. Also there is a slight undertone of tobacco/burn t sugar to top of one of our top seller scents!
-Banana-Very ripe sweet bananas! This reminds me of when my bananas start to brown and it fills the air with the amazing smell!
There was a very generous free sample also included in my order, a "Bunnie Cakes" scented It Bubbles! It is about 3/4 the size of the full-sized one that i purchased. Love it!
I'll start out with the shampoo bars. I ordered four of these simply because i needed to smell the Spring scents that appealed to me and it seemed like it was the cheapest way. I got the small shampoo bars in the scents "Orange Pop", "Yummy", "Whipped", & "Giggle Beans". These may be the small shampoo bars, but they will last you quite a while...not to mention HOW FRIGGIN CUTE ARE THESE FOR REAL!?! I was a fan of two scents in the bars and not a fan of the other two. "Orange Pop" and "Giggle Beans" are the two that i loved, I de-stashed the other two as they just were not "me" scents. I used the "Giggle Beans" a few times and i am definitely a fan, it lathers well and rinses out completely and leaves a nice scent in my hair. I definitely recommend these for those looking to test a new shampoo bar.
I ordered two Magic Mists, which are Potion Dust's body sprays in "Peep Poo" and "Gimme Candy". I'm a huge body spray fan, i have a ton from various brands both indie and non-indie and these are some of the best i own. The scent lasts for me, and while this may vary scent to scent these two scents are both strong and i am absolutely in love with them. "Peep Poo" smells like fresh marshmallows with vanilla and it is a nice light sweet scent, while "Gimme Candy" is out of this world! "Gimme Candy" is one of the most popular and raved about Potion Dust scents so i just had to try it! It smells like fruity cotton candy mixed with a light tobacco scent to me, it is strong and perfection! I need it in all the things. If your a body spray fan, try these out they are top notch.
I ordered It Bubbles in "Bunnie Cakes", and got a sample of it as well. This performs well in the bath, it made my skin feel awesome and created lots of bubbles. This was using about 1/4 of my sample, so i have plenty left for other baths. These are definitely worth the money.
Onto the last two items in my order. "Banana" Head to Toe Lotion and "Sangria" Lip Frosting. The lip frosting which is Potion Dust's lip balm is a wonderful consistency with just the right amount of scent added. It is not flavored, so no it doesn't taste good but it is a great moisturizing balm and does exactly what it is supposed to do. I'm a lip balm freak and these are one of my favorites. The "Sangria" scent is very true to what you would expect as well, it is wonderful!
The Head to Toe Lotion is very different from what I am used to finding in the indie world. This is a thinner consistency, most indie brands tend to carry body butters only which is a much thicker lotion so this is a nice change of pace. This sinks into my skin almost immediately, it's thin but extremely moisturizing and not at all greasy. The scent i chose is "Banana", it smells just like Banana runts to me. This is my FAVE banana scent that i have found so far. This lotion is great, and i definitely recommend to everyone who wants a change of pace from the heavy body butters out there.
I am very impressed with this company in all aspects. The appearance, the scents available, and the product performance. I have loved all the items that i have tried so far and i hope you all decide to pick some things up for yourself! I have an order placed currently for her new one-time box called the Unsinkable Tribute, which is a Titanic themed box. I will be reviewing this once it arrives as well so stay tuned! If you are at all interested in checking this company out for yourself please follow the links below. Thank you for reading!
Website
Potion Dust Fan Group
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave Me A Comment!